Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Farewell to Luis

Our last day in Vietnam was spent in Ho Chi Ming City (aka Saigon) and that also meant our last day with Luis. Miguel and I hated to see our time with Luis come to an end, but we so enjoyed our days exploring, chatting and just hanging with Luis Fernando!

Dear Luis,

Thank you so much for such an amazing adventure! It was such a pleasure and a joy to travel with you. I loved every minute. It was so nice to finally get a chance to spend quality time with you! I loved learning about your childhood, your enthusiasm for banking, the love for your family, and your passion of travel. I learned many lessons from your stories and continue to apply your teachings. One lesson I frequently use is.....when in Rome do as the Romans do. That helps me appreciate and get through tough situations. Especially in China because the customs and lifestyle is so different than the Western way I grew up. But like you always say, "We are visitors and we must appreciate all things learned and seen."

Miguel and I miss you everyday and any time I'm lying in the sun I think our perfect days in Koh Samui. Again, I can't thank you enough and I look so forward to the adventures that lie ahead! It was truly such a pleasure. Until we meet again.....

Muchos Besos!

Courtney

Farewell dinner at Pho 24


Ho Chi Minh City

We spent our last day in Vietnam touring the city of Ho Chi Minh (formerly known as Saigon).  The city is light and day when compared to Hanoi.  It is very industrial and vastly more modern than the nation's capital.  However, you will find the same customs here as you do throughout the rest of the country.  We didn't have much time here, but we did get a chance to visit the War Remnants Museum and walk a couple of the city's bustling streets.  The 11 days spent in Vietnam were great and think the three of us agree that we would definitely come back here again.


Street barbers

As Austin Powers would say: Mole, Mole, Mole!








Next Stop is Hong Kong!

No comments:

Post a Comment